Sunday, October 12, 2008

Speech & Life

Disclaimer: I am NOT a poet, and I'm not pretending to be. I suck at poetry. That said, here's a poem I wrote. Sorry about the quality, lol.

trapped in a cocoon of angst and regrets
everything i reach for passes 'fore i can grasp it

i watch as my ideas become real
though it isn't i that drew them

life plays out behind my eyes
and clouds over what my true breath is like

where is my fix? is there a fix?
i hope without hope but yearn nontheless

i want to be me but fear holds me back
irrational fear that runs beside normalcy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am a poet and i tell you that what you have written is beautiful; it is clear and concise, it evokes imagery as all well written poems do and most of all this poem well relates to myself the it's reader. i would very much encourage you to write more when you feel so inspired. Poetry like all art is primarily therapeutic, a catharsis to relieve one of the pains and unreleased yearnings of our heart. Aren't we all just tormented souls looking for life's answers? The greatest art in the world comes from those who listen and then express through the visions they see within. I don't read much of others poetry, but i am writing you because what you wrote truly touched me. No work, is perfect, nor should it be; i find that it is the imperfections, frailties and vulnerabilities of people that expresses within us the most beautiful things of all, so i encourage you to open your heart and let it speak to you the words it so desires to cry out to you and you may well be amazed and in the process as you share it with others you may so touch those willing to listen. thank you. David