Friday, August 17, 2007

Sorry!

Trying to post one blog per day while moving and taking care of little last minute details is nearly impossible! I'm terribly sorry about not posting anything over the last week.

I've finished moving into school, and since I'm not feeling overly-well (prescribed medication showing me who's boss), I'm relaxing in my room until we have a hall meeting.

Something I've noticed about people's general reactions to my speech impediment is quite interesting. It seems to me that the older the person is, the more they're caught off-guard. Most of my peers at school with me don't seem to really care that much that I talk differently. I've never had anyone ask me more than "Where are you from?". However, older people usually give me a strange look when I first open my mouth, or just stare at me. (Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that the administrators at this school have stared at me humorously- just adults in general.) I've tried to figure out why that may be, but I'm at a loss. Has anyone got any suggestions?

No comments: